POPI (PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION)
What is the POPI Act
We respect your right to privacy and therefore aim to ensure that we comply with the legal requirement of the POPI Act which regulates the manner in which we collect, process, store, share and destroy any personal information which you have provided to us.
What information will we collect
We collect personal information contained in the fields that you complete to submit an enquiry or application form. Where an interview is conducted as part of the application process, further personal information is collected during a verbal discussion.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with these personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
This may include information relating to:
- The race, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical or mental health, well-being and disabilities.
- Information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- Any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- The personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- Correspondence sent by the person that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- The views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- The name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
Why do we collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in order to liaise with you telephonically, via our website or email so that we may:
- respond to any query or comment received from you;
- inform you of new services;
- enable us to process, validate and verify information and requests for the supply of services;
- for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information; and
- generally to improve your experience on our website.
If you are under 18 years of age (minor), we will require the consent of your parent/guardian/competent person before we process such personal information. Failure to provide accurate personal information may result in the refusal to process your enquiry/ application.
Processing of Information
We will share your personal information:
- in order to comply with applicable law or with legal process served on our company;
- in order to protect and defend the rights or property of our company; and
- with employees and/or third parties who assist us in providing services to you and thus require your personal information in order to render a proper and efficient service. We will ensure that all such employees and third party service providers, having access to your personal information, are bound by confidentiality agreements.
- You agree that Isa Carstens Academy (Pty) Ltd may take photos/videos of you while you are enrolled at the academy, which may be published on our website / IG / Facebook.
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable request; and
- not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally required, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
ALTHOUGH WE TAKE THE AFOREMENTIONED PRECAUTIONS IN PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE SHALL HOWEVER NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION IF BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
We only use functional (or required) cookies that are necessary for this site to function, including those that are necessary for Google Analytics and Facebook/Instagram’s Pixel to work. We do analyse the use of this website to measure the audience but it is de-identified data. In other words, we don’t know who you are. De-identified data are tracked and stored on a revolving basis for no longer than 365 days.
This website uses Google AdWords and Facebook’s Pixel
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Facebook / Instagram
You have the right at any time to:
- rectify the Personal Information collected by us;
- object to the processing of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- request the return or destruction of Personal Information (subject to legislation);
- lodge a complaint with the company.
Personal Information processed by us will not be routed/transferred to a third country or International organization. The following security measures will apply.
All enquiries must be addressed to the information officer: Ian Mundell, who can be contacted via email at email@example.com or via telephone on (021) 883 9777
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
27 Stiemens Street
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za