The Isa Carstens Academy Merit Award for 2014 was awarded to Willemien Combrink at the annual graduation ceremony held on Friday 28 November 2014.
This very special award was donated by Mrs Isa Carstens, founder of the Isa Carstens Academy, and was sculptured by a South African artist, Frieda Ollemans. Frieda was born in Bloemfontein, and studied in London from 1937 – 1939. She held several exhibitions world-wide where she represented South Africa internationally.
Each year we present this award to the student who has distinguished herself throughout the three year course as a person who has shown various excellent qualities and will hopefully excel in this profession.
The Merit Award represents the expectations we at the Academy strive to instil in our students, which are also the qualities, we admire in Isa Carstens who donated this award.
Some of the qualities we are looking for apart from being one of our outstanding students are as follows:
- A person who images a true therapist, who in spirit and conduct seeks only to serve the interest of her client with enthusiasm and uncompromised dedication
- A person who maintains a constant high level of performance and who is willing to ever seek new knowledge and expertise
- A person who maintains a highly professional code of conduct under any circumstance and thereby wins the respect of those she works with and works for
- A person who is willing to go the extra mile with a song and a smile
- A person who exercises positive leadership no matter the circumstance
- A person who speaks her mind, in honesty who can give a sound opinion and remain true to her convictions
- A person with a clear goal and a vision of excellence
- A true ambassador to our profession.
We are sure Willemien will carry this responsibility with pride.
Mrs Isabel Carstens-Roos, managing director of ICA handing over the Merit Award for 2014 to Willemien Combrink.