We so often put all our time and effort into our appearance when we are going to an event or a special evening out, however, it’s the day-to-day make-up that we so often neglect. And, let’s be honest, this is 90% of the time – why look and feel drab that often?!
I love using my everyday make-up look to play around and experiment. We all do tend to wear much less make-up on a normal day at work, but this does not mean that you don’t need to put in that extra teensy bit of time that will result in you feeling that much more ‘put together’.
Below is a basic routine that I follow for everyday make-up and I truly do spend no more than 10 minutes on my face (this includes my morning skincare routine):
1) Cleanse, Tone, Moisturiser and spf (morning skincare routine)
2) Primer (if it’s going to be a long day) and foundation/tinted moisturiser – completely up to you, depending on how much coverage you want/need.
3) Concealer – I choose to this after my base is applied. I apply my concealer (generously) under my eyes, around my nose and on any spots I may have. I blend this in with my finger or a brush and apply a light setting powder to these areas.
4) Brows – I then use a brow pencil to lightly fill in any gaps in my brows and set them with a brow setting gel. I keep this very light and natural but it really does make all the difference to the end result.
5) Eyes – I apply a little bit of shadow, I usually opt for a natural taupe or brows merely to frame the eyes and add depth. I then follow with a few coats of mascara (and lash curling before if I have time).
6) Cheeks – I then pop a bit of colour onto my cheeks, this makes my face look less corpse-like and more alive and radiant 🙂
Below are two Everyday Make Up Routines Tutorials I love: