Qualified somatologists and skincare therapists are often on the lookout for new and exciting techniques to improve the appearance of their clients’ skin. The latest skincare technique taking the world by storm (and for good reason) is dermaplaning. While the concept in itself is straightforward, mastering the technique requires training and skill. In order to provide your clients with safe and effective dermaplaning services, we invite you to join our 1-day course in Pretoria.
What the Technique Entails
Dermaplaning (sometimes called microplaning or blading) is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that requires little to no downtime at all, and the sessions last around half an hour. During the process, the therapist makes use of a specialised blade to skim over the surface layer of the client’s facial skin. This blade removes everything from dead skin cells to peach fuzz on the face – similar to a close shave. The procedure is essentially a painless, low-risk procedure that yields remarkable results. Some of the benefits of dermaplaning include:
- Hair removal: Because the technique makes use of a blade, all the small, soft hairs on the face are shaved off. By removing these hairs, your clients’ faces will feel smoother. Peach fuzz also traps dirt, oil, and dead skin cells, so removal of this hair will brighten the skin.
- It’s for everyone: All skin types can benefit from dermaplaning, including those with acne, scarring, oiliness, dryness, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles.
- Dead cell removal: The procedure removes between two to three weeks’ worth of dead skin cells. The face will, therefore, appear brighter, more supple, and less dry.
- Product penetration: Due to the removal of dead cells, products containing essential vitamins and minerals are more easily absorbed into the skin – this means that clients will get the most out of facials and skin treatments.
- Improved texture: Removing the top layers of the skin promotes blood flow and the natural production of collagen and elastin. The result is an improvement in facial texture, as well as a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
If you wish to provide your clients with a cost-friendly, non-invasive procedure that takes no time at all, then our course is right for you. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of competence and the ability to confidently offer dermaplaning as a service. For more information on how to apply with us, feel free to get in touch via our online enquiry form.